Liposomal Vitamin C
Vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid) is a necessary nutrient that humans cannot synthesize on their own. It is essential to the bodys production of collagen and the formation of blood vessels, cartilage, ligaments, tendons, and skin. It is needed for wound healing and to repair tissues throughout the body.
Each 5 mL of Liposomal Vitamin C delivers 1000 mg of Vitamin C as sodium ascorbate. A serving is 1 teaspoon. Each bottle contains 24 servings.
Early European sailors and explorers suffered, and sometimes perished, from a wasting condition known as scurvy, a disease we now know is caused by vitamin C deficiency. As it turns out, it was the lack of fresh fruit and vegetables on long ocean voyages that often lead to this strange condition Humans, unlike most other animals, cannot make vitamin C in our bodies, and must consume it in foods or supplements.
Now known as the “grandfather” of the traditional antioxidants, vitamin C has a wide range of astonishing health benefits and plays a pivotal role in enhancing detoxification. Here are a few excellent reasons to supplement your diet with vitamin C:
- • Battle oxidation. Vitamin C acts as a major electron donor for eight different enzymes and maintains optimal electron flow in your cells. This decreases Ascorbate (vitamin C) acts as a reducing agent, donating electrons and preventing oxidation to keep iron and copper atoms in their reduced states. (1)
- • Protect proteins, lipids, and other vital molecular elements in your body. This maintains active defenses against tissue degradation and supports proper bodily functions. (1, 2)
- • Regulate mineral balance. Vitamin C is essential for collagen synthesis, which is an important structural component of your bones, blood vessels, tendons, ligaments, and neurotransmitters. (2, 10)
- • Support brain health. Vitamin C helps facilitate central nervous system signal transduction and supplies electrons for the formation of neurotransmitters. (4)
- • Strengthen general health. Vitamin C has also been found to play a role in maintaining wellness. (5,11)
- • Support detoxification. Vitamin C is helpful for mercury elimination, as it tends to mobilize mercury from intracellular stores.